This fabulous recipe was sent to me by Jim Orvis, one of my lovely readers and cooking pen pals from upstate NY. Made with puréed fresh cranberries, the vinaigrette is pretty-in-pink, full of tangy-sweet flavor, and perfect for the holidays. I love it drizzled over an autumn salad of mixed greens, sliced apples, toasted walnuts, and goat cheese. It also makes a great turkey sandwich spread or sauce for roast chicken or pork. Feel free to use frozen cranberries when fresh are not available.
It’s so easy to make. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
And purée until smooth.
That’s all there is to it. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots, from 1 shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and purée until completely smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use. The dressing will keep nicely in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. Shake well before using.
- Serving size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Sodium: 70 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Reviews & Comments
Hungry for ?
Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter — where I share new recipes and seasonal menus for every occasion.
Your email address will never be used for any other purpose.
Curious? See a sample newsletter.