Tested & Perfected Recipes

Weeknight/Weekend Cookbook - Jennifer Segal

IT’S HERE!✨ My second cookbook, Once Upon a Chef: Weeknight/Weekend, arrives TODAY in bookstores and on doorsteps everywhere!

After two plus years of recipe testing, manuscript writing, photo shoots, proofreading, and endless dishwashing, I’m SO excited to share this book with you. It is packed with tried-and-true recipes for quick weeknight dinners and leisurely weekend feasts, so you can make every day taste extra special, no matter how much time you have to spend in the kitchen.

I think this book is is my best work yet, and I hope you find lots of new family favorites in it!

How To Get The Book

The book is available wherever books are sold, including the online retailers below:

US: AmazonBarnes & NobleBookshop.org, BAM! Books-a-Million
Canada: AmazonIndigo
UK: Amazon
Worldwide: Book Depository

Signed copies can be ordered through my local bookstore in Washington, DC, Politics and Prose, or Omnivore in San Francisco.

If you enjoy the book, I would be so grateful if you could review it on Amazon (or wherever you purchased the book). And if you share photos of the recipes on social media, be sure to tag me; I love seeing my recipes out in the real world. Thank you for your support, and happy cooking! 💖

xo Jenn

Comments

• I was so excited to find this book waiting on my doorstep on the day of its release! I was a recipe tester (so much fun!), so many of the recipes are already family favorites. Tonight I’ll be making the skillet cookie for my husband’s birthday!

• — Debbie on September 16, 2021
  • Hi Jennifer,

Just purchased your new cookbook today, Weeknight / Weekend. I’m so excited to try many of the recipes, like the Mushroom Gruyere Quiche, Lasagna Soup and the Rustic Plum Galette to name just a few.
    Thank you for this great collection of new recipes!

• — Karen on September 16, 2021
    • My pleasure, Karen — I hope you find lots of new favorites in the book!

• — Jenn on September 17, 2021
  • Are the recipes in the new book easy to modify for gluten and dairy alérgies?

• — Rocio on September 16, 2021
    • Hi Rocio, There’s not really a one size fits all answer to your question but if you purchase the book I need help with substitution suggestions, you can always email me at [email protected]. 🙂

• — Jenn on September 16, 2021
  • Hi Jenn,
    I just picked up your new cookbook at the bookstore. It is gorgeous and I can’t wait to try every single recipe. You are my go to chef for sure. Your recipes are written in a clear, easy to follow manner and the results are always perfect. I will be gifting this cookbook to everyone on my Christmas list this year. Congratulations on another wonderful publication.
    Kind regards,
    Franca

• — Franca on September 15, 2021
    • Franca, Thanks so much for your support — I hope it becomes an often-used tool in your kitchen! ❤️

• — Jenn on September 16, 2021
  • I meant to say:

Got the new cookbook yesterday! Flipping through it now while eating leftover OUAC lasagna. As my husband would say, “so much yum!” Can’t wait to try them all!

• — Heather Kent on September 15, 2021
  • Got the book yesterday. Sitting here munching on some leftover OUAC lasagna. As my husband would say, “so much yum!”

• — Heather Kent on September 15, 2021
  • Received my copy yesterday! Just read through it twice, marking one recipe in each section to begin cooking my way from cover to cover. Thanks, Jenn, as always for your meticulous work. Your food is almost as pretty as you are;)
    Cheers!

• — Wendie Morin on September 15, 2021
    • ❤️❤️

• — Jenn on September 16, 2021
  • Very excited about your book, which i received yesterday! Read through it twice already. I have made so many of your recipes, and never have they turned out to be just okay, they are always an A+. I will probably order a bunch of these to keep gifts on hand for people. Excellent work and congratulations.

• — Holly Marie on September 15, 2021
  • Absolutely in love with your new cookbook, Jenn! I eagerly flipped through all the pages and want to try every single recipe. I’ve already recommended the book to all of my friends. You’ve done an excellent job of answering the dreaded question of what to make for dinner. Now the only question is which recipe to make first! Many congratulations on your new book and thank you for sharing your recipes.

• — Sara on September 14, 2021
  • Congratulations Jenn. I was one of your recipe testers for this cookbook and I couldn’t wait until its release. It is outstanding. So many great recipes. To tell you the truth, every recipe I’ve ever made from your site or either one of your cookbooks have always turned out. In fact, I’ve shared many of them, along with your website, to quite a few people. Again, thank you and bask in the glory of your new cookbook. All the accolades you have and will receive are very well deserved.

• — Barb on September 14, 2021
  • Does the new book contain weights for any recipe ingredients such as flour or still just cups?

• — Sharon Dutton on September 14, 2021
    • Hi Sharon, All of the recipes have metric measurements as well as cup measurements. The recipes on the site do too – if you look in the top right corner of the recipes, you’ll see a button that allows you to toggle between metric and cup measures. Hope that helps!

• — Jenn on September 14, 2021