This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
I hope everyone is staying safe during these crazy times. This has been a challenging year, to say the least, but I’m happy to have some good news to share. I’m writing another cookbook!
Once Upon a Chef: Weeknight/Weekend will be released by Clarkson Potter in the fall of 2021. The book will contain 70 quick-fix weeknight recipes for that hectic window between soccer practice and bedtime, as well as 30 leisurely recipes for the weekend, when a few hours of unscheduled bliss stretch before you.
In the Weeknight section of the book, I’ll show you how to create flavorful, restaurant-quality family meals – even on a busy schedule. The recipes reflect my way of thinking that dinner does not always have to be a protein, a vegetable, and a starch. Sometimes it’s a hearty soup, a vibrant salad, a hot baked sandwich, or even breakfast food. Some favorites include:
- Southwestern Corn Chowder
- Blackened Fish Tacos with Pickled Onions and Lime Crema
- Muffuletta Salad with Olive Vinaigrette
- Indonesian BBQ Chicken with Spicy Cucumber Peanut Salad
- Eggs in Purgatory with Garlic Toast
- Everyday Spice-Crusted Salmon with Tartar Sauce
- Grilled Sausage with Sweet and Tangy Peppers
- Croque Monsieurs
- Drunken Noodles with Shrimp
- Creamy Dijon Chicken with Peas
- Sesame Ginger Meatballs
The Weekend section of the book will be filled with my favorite recipes for laid-back brunches, family feasts, and decadent desserts. These recipes require time to rise, stew, braise, or bake – perfect for when your schedule isn’t packed to gills – such as:
- Roasted Cherry Tomato & Basil Quiche
- Popovers with Salted Maple Butter
- Cranberry, Orange, and Walnut Scones
- Shrimp & Sausage Paella
- Chicken Tamale Pie
- Roast Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- Latin-Style Pork Roast with Chimichurri and Black Beans
- Strawberries & Cream Layer Cake
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Sweet Potato Praline Pie
I’ve been quietly working on this book for the past year and am so excited to share the news with you. As always, thanks so much for your support!