Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan, Lemon & Olive Oil
This arugula salad with shaved Parm and a bit of lemon juice and olive oil is perfect paired with grilled steak or thin crust pizza
- 5 ounces (or 4 generous handfuls) arugula
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, best quality such as Lucini
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Big hunk Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the arugula in the bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave sheets of Parmesan cheese onto salad (to taste). Serve immediately.
Gluten-Free Adaptable Note
To the best of my knowledge, all of the ingredients used in this recipe are gluten-free or widely available in gluten-free versions. There is hidden gluten in many foods; if you're following a gluten-free diet or cooking for someone with gluten allergies, always read the labels of your ingredients to verify that they are gluten-free.