Broiled Feta with Garlicky Cherry Tomatoes & Capers
Broiled feta with burst cherry tomatoes and capers makes a surprisingly addictive and flavorful spread. Perfect for summer!
- 1 (8 ounce) block feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 10.5 ounces cherry tomatoes, preferably different colors, halved
- Scant ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 1½ tablespoons capers, drained
- Preheat the broiler and set the oven rack in the top position. Place the feta in a small (1-quart) baking dish and set aside.
- Heat the oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar; cook, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes are softened and starting to burst, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the capers.
- Scatter the tomatoes around the feta and broil until the feta is softened and browned on top, 3 to 4 minutes (but keep an eye on it as broilers vary greatly.) Serve warm with bread.
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Sugar: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 9g
- Sodium: 732mg
- Cholesterol: 50mg
Gluten-Free Adaptable Note
To the best of my knowledge, all of the ingredients used in this recipe are gluten-free or widely available in gluten-free versions. There is hidden gluten in many foods; if you're following a gluten-free diet or cooking for someone with gluten allergies, always read the labels of your ingredients to verify that they are gluten-free.