Corn, Zucchini & Tomatoes with Goat Cheese
Need to the perfect side to jazz up simply grilled chicken, salmon, or steak? This corn, zucchini, and tomato sauté with creamy goat cheese will please all around.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots, from 1 to 2 shallots
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2-1/4 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from 3 large ears corn
- 1-1/2 cups seeded and diced zucchini, from 2 small zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes, from 2 to 3 tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (4-oz) log creamy goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Do not brown.
- Add the corn and zucchini and increase the heat to medium. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar and continue to cook for about 2 minutes more, until the tomatoes start to break down. Break the goat cheese into chunks and stir it into the vegetables until creamy and well-combined. Off the heat, stir in the fresh basil along with 3 tablespoons of warm water. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve warm.
- Make-ahead: This dish can be made a day ahead of time and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator but wait to add the water until reheating.
- Per serving (6 servings)
- Calories: 167
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Sodium: 420 mg
- Cholesterol: 9 mg