Grilled Baby Potatoes with Dijon Mustard & Thyme
A thick Dijon mustard marinade gives these grilled baby potatoes great texture and flavor. Perfect for a summer cookout!
- 1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellman's or Duke's
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (rosemary would also work well, or a combination)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot; add water to cover by 1 inch and 1 tablespoon of the salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife, about 12 minutes. Drain the potatoes; then place them back in the pan and run under cold water to cool.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, the Dijon mustard, remaining teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic and thyme.
- Drain the potatoes and slice them in half. Add to the Dijon mustard sauce and toss to coat evenly, taking care not to smash the potatoes.
- Clean and oil the grill grate. Place the potatoes on the grill and cook, covered, for about 3 minutes, or until you see nice grill marks on the first side. Using tongs, turn the potatoes and grill about 3 minutes more, until crisp and golden all over. Transfer the potatoes to a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley (if using).
- Note: Potatoes can be boiled 1 day ahead of time. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Per serving (6 servings)
- Calories: 134
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Sugar: 1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 503mg
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Gluten-Free Adaptable Note
To the best of my knowledge, all of the ingredients used in this recipe are gluten-free or widely available in gluten-free versions. There is hidden gluten in many foods; if you're following a gluten-free diet or cooking for someone with gluten allergies, always read the labels of your ingredients to verify that they are gluten-free.