Grilled Flank Steak with Garlic & Rosemary
Easy and full of flavor, this grilled flank steak is one of my favorite summer grilling recipes.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 - 2-1/2 lb flank steak
- Make the marinade by combining the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender. Blitz for a few minutes, until garlic and rosemary are pulverized.
- Place the flank steak in a medium baking dish. Using a fork, poke meat about 10 times on each side. Pour the marinade over top and turn the steak a few times to coat evenly. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Grease grill with oil and preheat to high. When grill is hot, grill flank steak covered for about 5 minutes. Turn and cook covered for about 3-4 minutes more. Let meat rest on cutting board, covered with aluminum foil, for about 15 minutes. Slice very thin against the grain.
Gluten-Free Adaptable Note
To the best of my knowledge, all of the ingredients used in this recipe are gluten-free or widely available in gluten-free versions. There is hidden gluten in many foods; if you're following a gluten-free diet or cooking for someone with gluten allergies, always read the labels of your ingredients to verify that they are gluten-free.