Megan's Instant Pot Peaches & Cream Steel-Cut Oatmeal
This delicious steel-cut oatmeal recipe comes from Megan Gilmore’s cookbook, The Fresh and Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook: 75 Easy Recipes for Light Meals to Make In Your Electric Pressure Cooker.
- 2 cups steel-cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (see note)
- 1 lb frozen sliced peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk, plus more for serving
- Combine the steel-cut oats, water, and salt in the Instant Pot and give them a stir, then add the peaches, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Secure the lid and move the steam release valve to Sealing. Select Manual/Pressure Cook to cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle has completed, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes to finish cooking the oatmeal. (This method prevents the oatmeal from sticking to the bottom of the pot.) Move the steam release valve to Venting to release any remaining steam pressure. When the floating valve drops, remove the lid.
- Stir in the coconut milk, then taste and adjust any seasonings. Serve warm, with additional cinnamon or coconut milk, if desired. Leftover oats can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can serve them chilled, or quickly reheat them using the Sauté function of your Instant Pot. (You could also reheat the oats in the microwave. Either way, you may need to add a splash of water as you reheat, since oats tend to thicken when chilled.)
- Note: Megan's recipe does not call for salt; this is my addition.