Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables
This easy sheet-pan supper combines hearty Italian sausages with caramelized Brussels sprouts and carrots.
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 large carrots, sliced on an angle 1/2-inch thick
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, stemmed and halved (if small, leave whole)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh hot (or sweet) Italian sausage links (bratwurst, chorizo, or any sausage that you like may be substituted)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a 13 x 18-inch baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil for easy clean-up, if desired.
- Directly on the baking sheet, toss the onion, carrots, and Brussels sprouts, oil, salt, pepper, and thyme until the vegetables are evenly coated. Place the sausages on the baking sheet, spacing them evenly around the pan, and arrange the vegetables as best you can in a single layer. Roast for 25 minutes, until the sausages are cooked through and the vegetables are caramelized and tender (no need to stir while cooking).
- Note: Feel free to substitute different vegetables, such as baby potatoes (halved), sweet potatoes (cut into 1-inch chunks), large broccoli or cauliflower florets, or even grapes. (If using potatoes, do not line the pan with foil, as they are prone to sticking.)
- Calories: 566
- Fat: 46g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Sugar: 6g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 21g
- Sodium: 891mg
- Cholesterol: 86mg