Stone Fruit with Ginger-Lime Syrup and Mint
With peaches, nectarines, and plums in a ginger-lime syrup, this stone fruit salad makes a wonderful light summer dessert.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sliced fresh ginger, left unpeeled
- 3 ripe peaches, sliced
- 3 ripe plums, sliced
- 3 ripe nectarines, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Bring water, sugar and ginger to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve into shallow bowl and let cool in refrigerator.
- Combine sliced fruits in a shallow serving bowl. Add cold ginger syrup, fresh lime juice and mint. Stir to combine. Cover and chill for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Sugar: 25 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Gluten-Free Adaptable Note
To the best of my knowledge, all of the ingredients used in this recipe are gluten-free or widely available in gluten-free versions. There is hidden gluten in many foods; if you're following a gluten-free diet or cooking for someone with gluten allergies, always read the labels of your ingredients to verify that they are gluten-free.