Tzatziki (Yogurt & Cucumber Dip)
Tzatziki is a refreshing and good-for-you yogurt and cucumber dip. Serve it with pita, grilled meats, gyros, or just eat it with a spoon!
- 1-1/2 cups plain 2% Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 1 medium English or hothouse cucumber, seeded, coarsely grated and squeezed as dry as possible (about 1 cup)
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Scant 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary (I often add a generous pinch of sugar to balance the flavors). Cover and chill until ready to serve. Before serving, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with fresh mint, if desired.
- Serving size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 77
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Sodium: 223 mg
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Gluten-Free Adaptable Note
To the best of my knowledge, all of the ingredients used in this recipe are gluten-free or widely available in gluten-free versions. There is hidden gluten in many foods; if you're following a gluten-free diet or cooking for someone with gluten allergies, always read the labels of your ingredients to verify that they are gluten-free.