Arugula, Apples & Manchego in Cider Vinaigrette
All I can tell you about this salad is that I made half the recipe the other day to photograph it for Serious Eats and I ate the entire thing standing at my kitchen counter at 10:30 a.m. Definitely not my proudest moment but delicious nonetheless!
Recipe originally posted on Serious Eats
- 5 ounces arugula or baby arugula
- 1 crisp apple, such as Fuji
- 3 1/2 ounces manchego, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons (real) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots, from one shallot
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place arugula in serving bowl. Whisk the vinaigrette again until well combined, then and to the salad, little by little, until greens are well dressed. You may have a little left over. Right before serving, cut apple into thin slices and toss into salad along with Manchego and almonds. Taste and adjust seasoning, then serve immediately.