Copycat Recipe: Chipotle Mexican Grill’s Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
I love Chipotle’s Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette so I came up with this copycat version by fiddling around with the ingredients listed on the Chipotle website. It tastes almost identical to the original and is delicious over romaine lettuce, beans, corn, avocado, grilled meats or any combination.
The key ingredient in the recipe is canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce: dried and smoked peppers (usually red jalapeños) that come in a spicy tomato sauce. You can find them in the Latin section of most supermarkets.
To make the vinaigrette, you simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender or mini food processor.
And process until smooth. Enjoy!
Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 small garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or mini food processor and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serving size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Sugar: 8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Sodium: 301mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Reviews & Comments
Hungry for ?
Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter — where I share new recipes and seasonal menus for every occasion.
Your email address will never be used for any other purpose.
Curious? See a sample newsletter.