Sweet, Spicy & Salty Candied Pecans (aka “Crack Nuts”)
My husband calls these candied pecans “crack nuts” because they’re madly addictive. They’re perfect to serve with cocktails, toss over salads or just keep around the house over the holidays. They also make a delicious homemade gift. The best part? You only need four simple ingredients to make them — and if you start right now, you’ll be done in 15 minutes.
Begin by combining the Confectioners sugar, kosher salt and cayenne in a medium bowl.
Whisk until combined.
Add the pecans to the sugar mixture, along with 4 teaspoons of water.
Stir until the sugar dissolves into a sticky glaze.
Place the nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake for about ten minutes, until the nuts are crusty on top and caramelized on the bottom.
Let cool and serve.
Sweet, Spicy & Salty Candied Pecans
- 1/2 cup Confectioners sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Confectioners sugar, kosher salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add the pecans to the sugar mixture, along with 4 teaspoons of water. Stir until the sugar is dissolved into a sticky glaze. (If the mixture is still too powdery after stirring for a while, it's okay to add a few drops of water -- just don't add too much!)
- Transfer the pecans to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Do your best to make sure they are evenly spread out and the nuts are not touching each other. Scrape out every last bit of glaze from the bowl and drizzle over the nuts. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the pecans are crusty on top and caramelized and golden on the bottom. Immediately slide the parchment off of the hot baking sheet and allow the pecans to cool completely on the countertop. Once cool, remove the pecans from the parchment, breaking apart any clusters if necessary, and store in an airtight container.
- Note: Make sure you're using parchment paper and not wax paper. Wax paper is not nonstick.
- Per serving (8 servings)
- Serving size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 217
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Sugar: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 178mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Reviews & Comments
Hungry for ?
Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter — where I share new recipes and seasonal menus for every occasion.
Your email address will never be used for any other purpose.
Curious? See a sample newsletter.