This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Dinner is the perfect time to connect with your family, but it’s not always easy to find something the whole family can talk about together. If your family is anything like mine, these scenarios may sound familiar:
- Your youngest family members act silly (or even rude) to get attention
- Your middle schoolers give one-word answers to your questions
- Your older children are either focused on their technology or scarfing down dinner as quickly as possible to move on to the next thing
- Some children are chatty and others are quiet
- Your children are grown and flown and you look at your spouse lovingly but really can’t think of much to talk about
How about some dinner table conversation starters to help engage everyone and make dinnertime family bonding time? You may be amused and surprised to see the kinds of conversations these questions lead to!
And don’t be discouraged if you get some eye rolls from your kids when you suggest using these. Once they get over the hump and answer the first question (everyone likes to talk about themselves, right?), they’re likely to get on board. Who knows what you may learn about one another??
All you need to do is click on the link below, print, cut out the cards, place them in a jar, and get started!