Rosemary Nuts & Happy Holidays!
Hi Everyone, I’m on vacation and enjoying a little break from the kitchen, so this recipe is an oldie but goodie from the archives. It’s one of my all-time favorites and perfect for the holidays. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and Happy New Year — be back in January!
- 2-1/2 cups unsalted mixed nuts, such as pecans or cashews
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less or omit if you don't like heat)
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Combine nuts on baking sheet and toast in oven until warm, fragrant and lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine rosemary, cayenne pepper, brown sugar and butter. Add the warm, toasted nuts to the spiced butter and toss well. Add kosher salt and toss to coat thoroughly. Serve warm.
- Note: You can use any combination of cashews, whole unpeeled almonds, peeled peanuts, pecans, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts or whatever suits your taste; just keep in mind that pecans work particularly well because their crevices hold the seasoning. You can also use raw unsalted nuts for this recipe, just be sure to toast them a bit longer, about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
Reviews & Comments
Hungry for ?
Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter — where I share new recipes and seasonal menus for every occasion.
Your email address will never be used for any other purpose.
Curious? See a sample newsletter.