My husband calls these candied pecans “crack nuts” because they’re madly addictive. They’re perfect to serve with cocktails, toss over salads or just keep around the house over the holidays. They also make a delicious homemade gift. The best part? You only need four simple ingredients to make them — and if you start right now, you’ll be done in 15 minutes.
Begin by combining the Confectioners sugar, kosher salt, cayenne pepper and 4 teaspoons of water in a medium bowl.
Whisk until combined.
Add the pecans to the sugar mixture and stir until evenly coated.
Place the nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the nuts are crusty on top and caramelized on the bottom.
Let cool completely, then break apart the nuts and serve.
My Recipe Videos
Sweet, Spicy & Salty Candied Pecans
- 1/2 cup Confectioners sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 cups pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Confectioners sugar, kosher salt, cayenne pepper and water.
- Add the pecans to the sugar mixture and stir until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Transfer the pecans to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Do your best to make sure the nuts are evenly spread out (if they are clumped together, they won't cook evenly). Scrape out every last bit of glaze from the bowl and drizzle over the nuts. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the pecans are crusty on top and caramelized and golden on the bottom. Immediately slide the parchment off of the hot baking sheet and allow the pecans to cool completely on the countertop. Once cool, remove the pecans from the parchment, breaking apart any clusters if necessary, and store in an airtight container.
- Note: Make sure you're using parchment paper and not wax paper (wax paper is not nonstick). If the nuts are sticky after cooling, that means they are a bit undercooked. Pop them back in the oven for a few minutes and let cool again.
- Per serving (8 servings)
- Serving size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 217
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Sugar: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 178mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Edamam.com. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.