Tangy and a touch sweet, this is a great all-purpose balsamic vinaigrette. The secret is a spoonful of Dijon mustard, which acts as an emulsifier and makes the dressing nice and thick. If possible, use the same brand of olive oil and balsamic vinegar that I use, as different brands will yield an entirely different tasting vinaigrette — not necessarily bad, just different :) I’m using the best of the supermarket brands, which is Lucini.
To make it, all you do is combine all of the ingredients in a jar.
And shake vigorously to blend.
That’s all there is to it. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot, from 1 small shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a jar and cover tightly with a lid. Shake vigorously to blend. The dressing will keep well in the refrigerator for about a week.
- Per serving (6 servings)
- Serving size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Sugar: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Sodium: 193mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Reviews & Comments
Hungry for ?
Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter — where I share new recipes and seasonal menus for every occasion.
Your email address will never be used for any other purpose.
Curious? See a sample newsletter.