All I can tell you about this salad is that I made half the recipe the other day to photograph it for Serious Eats and I ate the entire thing standing at my kitchen counter at 10:30AM. Definitely not my proudest moment but delicious nonetheless!
Arugula, Apples & Manchego in Cider Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- 5 ounces arugula or baby arugula
- 1 crisp apple, such as Fuji or Honeycrisp
- 3-1/2 ounces Manchego, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted if desired
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots, from 1 shallot
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place the arugula in a serving bowl. Whisk the vinaigrette again until well combined, then add to the salad, little by little, until the greens are well dressed; you may have a little left over. Right before serving, cut the apple into thin slices and toss into the salad along with the Manchego and almonds. Taste and adjust seasoning, then serve immediately.