Garlicky Roasted Broccoli with Parmigiano-Reggiano
Roasted broccoli finished with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- 2 pounds broccoli crowns (be sure they are dry)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Lemon wedge (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the broccoli into 2-inch florets, leaving one to two inches of stems attached. Discard the remaining thick stalks. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar and mix well. Add the broccoli and toss to coat evenly. Transfer the broccoli to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes, until the broccoli is crisp-tender and lightly browned in spots. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano over the broccoli. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Transfer to a serving dish and gently squeeze 1-2 teaspoons of lemon over top. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top and serve hot.
Gluten-Free Adaptable Note
To the best of my knowledge, all of the ingredients used in this recipe are gluten-free or widely available in gluten-free versions. There is hidden gluten in many foods; if you're following a gluten-free diet or cooking for someone with gluten allergies, always read the labels of your ingredients to verify that they are gluten-free.