This seasonal twist on a traditional margarita is perfect for the holidays. Go ahead and adjust the strength to your liking: if you like a stronger (and more authentic) margarita, cut back on the pomegranate juice. Use a good quality 100% agave tequila like Patron Silver – it’ll taste better, and you’ll be glad for it the next day.
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) 100% pomegranate juice (unsweetened)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) freshly squeezed lime juice, from one lime
- 1-1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons or 1 shot) Tequila
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- Lime wedges
- Coarse salt
- Ice cubes
- Place coarse salt on a small plate. Rub rim of glass with lime wedge and dip in coarse salt if desired. Add ice cubes to glass if using.
- Combine drink ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add some ice and shake vigorously, then strain into prepared glass. Garnish rim with lime wedge.
- Note: If you want to prepare a pitcher instead of making individual cocktails, simply adjust the quantities for the number of drinks you need. Mix the pomegranate juice, tequila, orange liqueur and lime juice in a pitcher, keep cool, then pour into prepared glasses over ice when ready to serve.
Reviews & Comments
Hungry for ?
Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter — where I share new recipes and seasonal menus for every occasion.
Your email address will never be used for any other purpose.
Curious? See a sample newsletter.