My kids love these ghost cupcakes, not least because they’re made with lollipops. They’re also made with fondant, the smooth, rollable icing that’s typically used on wedding cakes. Fondant has a playdough-like consistency, which makes it fun and easy to work with. And, no worries, you don’t have to make it from scratch — it’s easy to find at any craft store.
Begin by rolling out the fondant to about 1/16-inch. Be sure to dust your work surface with cornstarch so it doesn’t stick.
Use a 4-inch cookie cutter or paring knife to cut circles.
Place each circle over a lollipop and form into the shape of a ghost.
Place the ghost lollipop in the center of a cupcake.
And, finally, squeeze out little eyes with the black decorating gel.
For a wonderful homemade chocolate cupcake recipe, click here.
- 2 pounds white buttercream fondant
- Cornstarch, for rolling the fondant
- 12 chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting
- 12 small lollipops, such as DumDums
- 1 small tube black decorating gel
- Dust your work surface and rolling pin lightly with cornstarch. Roll half of the fondant out into a large circle about 1/16-inch thick. Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter or paring knife, cut out circles. Gather any scraps into a ball; roll and cut again. Roll out the remaining fondant and repeat until you have 12 circles.
- Place each fondant circle over a lollipop and form into the shape of a ghost. Place each ghost lollipop into the center of a cupcake, pushing all the way down. Using the black decorating gel, squeeze out little eyes.
Reviews & Comments
Hungry for ?
Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter — where I share new recipes and seasonal menus for every occasion.
Your email address will never be used for any other purpose.
Curious? See a sample newsletter.