Raw zucchini is wonderful when sliced very thin, carpaccio-thin. In this recipe it’s topped with feta, dill, and walnuts for a Greek spin, but it would be equally delicious with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, basil, and pine nuts. Don’t be tempted to save time and toss the zucchini with the other ingredients in a bowl—it will turn watery, and won’t be nearly as pretty.
My Recipe Videos
Zucchini with Feta, Walnuts & Dill
- 1 pound small zucchini, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, best quality such as Colavita or Lucini
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges
- Arrange zucchini slices in overlapping concentric circles on four dinner-sized plates. Drizzle zucchini lightly with extra virgin olive oil (about 1-1/2 teaspoons per plate), then season each plate with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide crumbled feta and walnuts over each dish, and then sprinkle with fresh dill. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.